Re: [exim] Bug - maildirsize file

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Philip Hazel
To: Silmar A. Marca
CC: exim-users
Oggetto: Re: [exim] Bug - maildirsize file
On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Silmar A. Marca wrote:

> Not, the mailbox has empty... The quota is 2500 files, but not have files... The
> error ocurrs after many get/put mail in Maildir folder...

My apologies. I misread that file. Sorry!! Try again...

> > > #cat maildirsize
> > > 157286400S,2500C
> > >            0            0
> > >      -102322           -1

The first line means QUOTA is 157286400 bytes, 2500 files.
The second line means the mailbox was empty.

The third line means that a file of length 102322 was deleted from the
mailbox. How can this happen when the mailbox is empty. That is clearly
the problem.

This cannot be Exim's fault, because Exim never deletes messages, and so
it never writes negative values to the maildirsize file. However, I have
made a note to see if I can make the code more robust, by checking to
see if it gets a negative value when it adds up all the sizes.

Meanwhile, I think you should try to find out what causes this to go
wrong. It sounds like there is some kind of race that is breaking it.