Re: [exim] Bug - maildirsize file

Autor: Nico Erfurth
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Bug - maildirsize file
Philip Hazel wrote:

>>#cat maildirsize
>>157286400S,2500C
>>           0            0
>>     -102322           -1

> Did the mailbox really contain 157,286,400 bytes and 2,500 files? And
> was one message of size 102,322 bytes deleted? Because that is what that
> maildirsize file means.

No, it means that the quota is 150MB and 2500 files. But that NO files
were in the maildir (0 0), when the file was created. But an file was
deleted just after that. So exim most probably ran into an integer
overflow, when reading the file. That would explain the quote-error.

What makes me wonder is, exim usually would add a new line, for the mail
that was just delivered, when maildirsize file was created.

This could either be a race-condition, or some misbehaving client.

Nico