Re: [exim] respecting duplicate deliveries to pipes

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Ollie Cook
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Kopio: ph10
Aihe: Re: [exim] respecting duplicate deliveries to pipes
On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 02:07:11PM +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> 1. This is entirely as designed. I never thought people would *want*
> duplicate deliveries. :-)

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the speedy reply.

It'd be no fun if people didn't try to do things you didn't expect. :)

<snip>

> are talking of some deep re-design here. Consequently, I am not
> enthusiastic.

Nor am I, having read that!

> > If anyone does have a better idea on how to solve this problem, though, I'd
> > be glad to hear it!
>
> Does the Envelope-To: information I've given above help?

It may well do. I expect I can modify the MDA to do the multiple deliveries
based on the Envelope-To header. That'd allow us to retain the functionality
customers are used to, and gain the benefits of doing routing and verification
in Exim.

I'm certainly happier modifying the MDA than I am hacking on Exim.

Thanks very much for the suggestion.

Ollie

--
Ollie Cook         Systems Architect, Claranet UK
ollie@???               +44 20 7685 8065