Re: [exim] respecting duplicate deliveries to pipes

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] respecting duplicate deliveries to pipes
On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 14:07 +0000, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Ollie Cook wrote:
>
> > The behaviour I'm seeing, as shown in the debugging output is that as the
> > second (and subsequent) addresses are routed to a previous address they
> > are discarded:
> >
> >    postmaster@??? is a duplicate address: discarded

> > This happens at line 5095 of deliver.c.
>
> 1. This is entirely as designed. I never thought people would *want*
> duplicate deliveries. :-)

Actually we used to do duplicate deliveries at planet - I think the
mechanism was something like if the director (this was pre 3.x let along
4.x) handed the address straight to a transport then the deduping was
skipped. However in our case although all the deliveries mapped to a
single mailbox, they did have different local parts, so its not quite
the same thing. However I do remember we could use one way and get one
delivery per recipient, or another way and get one delivery per mailbox.

    Nigel.