Re: [exim] recording failed rcpt to's

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: Andrew, exim-users
CC:
Subject: Re: [exim] recording failed rcpt to's
At 11:32 am +0100 2004/11/09, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>conditionB =
>           verify = recipient
>           insert into db

>but that when verify is false there is no need to do the lookup to establish

                      I wrote lookup to mean insert into db  ^^^

>if conditionB is false, and it is exactly when verify is false that
>you would need to insert in the database
>
>I would say that you cannot do this with the accept...endpass alone.

let me rectify the statement. You could do it with the endpass alone
if you can do:

conditionB =
          insert into db
          verify = recipient
          delete from db

so that if verify recipient is true the next condition (delete) must
be also evalulated and there is no resulting record. Otherwise the
record is kept.
I would advise against it as it seems much more expensive than the
other solution.