Re: [exim] Help with mixed case addresses

Página Inicial
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Help with mixed case addresses
[Please keep discussion on-list - thanks]

Jack <jack@???> wrote:
> Peter Bowyer wrote:
>

>> Example alias file:
>>
>> test.user: somewhere@???
>>
>> Any combination of the following addresses will get aliased as
>> needed:
>>
>> test.user
>> Test.User
>> TEST.USER
>> TesT.uSeR
>>
>> etc.
>>

> Thanks, I thought this should be very trivial and can be defined in
> the Exim/configure file in just one line of code. But it ends up
> create an external file.

Sorry, I thought we were discussing the behaviour of an alias file. Where
are these caseless users defined, then? If they're local deliveries, the
same applies, Exim will always treat local parts as caseless and smash them
to lower case before routing them - so a local user 'fred' will receive mail
addressed to Fred and FRED. Unless you specify otherwise with
'caseful_local_part' or with a '+caseful' option on a address list.

Peter