Re: [exim] Bug - maildirsize file

Autor: Philip Hazel
A: Silmar A. Marca
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Bug - maildirsize file
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Silmar A. Marca wrote:

> In old version of exim, the exim only make a maildirsize file, but dont use it
> for a "quota discovery size". In new version, the exim use it? I sujest to
> include a parameter to force a recreate of it for any mail received...

If you want to recreate the maildirsize for every mail received, you
might as well not bother to use the maildirsize at all. The whole point
of maildirsize is to avoid having to scan the messages for every mail
received.

You did not answer my question about whether the MUAs you use support
maildirsize correctly. Exim assumes that they do.