Re: [exim] abuse report

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: Mike Lima
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] abuse report
So you are whining that people don't accept mail from you because you
have a bad track record having left an open relay for a spammer to send
stuff through.

The problem is having demonstrated a previous bad record it is then
difficult to demonstrate that you are worth accepting mail from - no one
has to accept mail from anyone so people are quite free to use whatever
blocking criteria they wish to.

And its not just SORBS - AOL use their own criteria, as do many other
people.

Exim has no built in blocking criteria - its up to the mail admin. They
can do exactly what they like. Some take a very aggressive stand,
others take a more liberal stand. In any case there is zilch that
"exim" (by which I assume you mean the developers and/or exim.org) can
do.

    Nigel.