Re: [exim] exim filter documentation error: first_delivery

Author: Daniel Tiefnig
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim filter documentation error: first_delivery
Philip Hazel wrote:
>> This is not completely correct, as "first_delivery" will also be
>> TRUE when there was a delivery in the exim filter allready. So the
>> following filter will send two replies in any case:

Doh, I meant to say "FALSE" here instead of "TRUE", of course.. >:o(
I'm not sure whether I confused you with that.

> Well, a bit above your extract it does say "The indicator is not
> reset until the first delivery process successfully terminates".

Ah, I forgot to check that I'm reading the most current version.

> I will try to expand this wording some more to make it clearer that
> TRUE means "this is the first time a delivery process has been run
> for this message".
>
> Note also that no deliveries are actually done during filtering. A
> filter just *sets up* deliveries that happen later.

Hmm, this is a little bit contradicting, as a "mail" command in an exim
filter resets the "first_delivery" status from "TRUE" to "FALSE"
immediately.

lg,
daniel