Re: [exim] exim filter documentation error: first_delivery

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Philip Hazel
Para: Daniel Tiefnig
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] exim filter documentation error: first_delivery
On Mon, 8 Nov 2004, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:

> there's an error in the exim filter specification describing the
> "first_delivery" condition.
>
> http://exim.inode.at/exim-html-4.30/doc/html/filter_3.html#SECT3.27
>
> Doc says:
> | In a user filter file it will be false only if there was previously an
> | error in the filter, or if a delivery for the user failed owing to,
> | for example, a quota error, or forwarding to a remote address that was
> | deferred for some reason.
>
> This is not completely correct, as "first_delivery" will also be TRUE
> when there was a delivery in the exim filter allready. So the following
> filter will send two replies in any case:

Well, a bit above your extract it does say "The indicator is not reset
until the first delivery process successfully terminates". I will try to
expand this wording some more to make it clearer that TRUE means "this
is the first time a delivery process has been run for this message".

Note also that no deliveries are actually done during filtering. A
filter just *sets up* deliveries that happen later.