Re: [exim] embedded perl script in Exim.

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] embedded perl script in Exim.
On 7 Nov 2004 at 22:46, sam wun wrote about
    "Re: [exim] embedded perl script in ":

| I included perl script in the Main Config section of the exim/configure
| file,and now it start to catch the authentication from Outlook 2000.
| However, the following authenticator still failed to smtp auth the
| authentcation data from Outlook 2000:
|
| login:
|     driver              = plaintext
|     public_name         = LOGIN
|     server_prompts      = Username : Password
|     #server_prompts     = <| Username: | Password:
|     server_condition    = ${perl {getPw} {$1} {mail} }
|     server_set_id       = $1

I don't know how you got to this complicated place (trying to use
perl), and I am not a perl expert. But I don't see how your perl
script is getting access to the password actually passed by the
client, so I don't see how it can perform any useful function.

Per spec.txt, the client's username should be in $1, and the password
should be in $2. The result of your ${perl expansion (or ${if in a
more simple example) should be "yes" or "no" (or 1 or 0, true or
false, etc).