Re: [exim] ADSL in sender_host_name and sender_helo_name ver…

Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
A: Silmar A. Marca, exim-users
CC:
Assumpte: Re: [exim] ADSL in sender_host_name and sender_helo_name verify
At 6:55 pm -0200 2004/11/05, Silmar A. Marca wrote:
>I sujest the check for adsl name...
>
>#-BLK: Reverso contem "adsl" e a validação de Helo não confere
>acl_check_mail:
>
>   drop   message        = ADSL and
>$sender_helo_name not is $sender_host_address
>          condition      = ${if match {$sender_host_name}{dsl}{1}{0}}
>          condition      = ${if match {${lookup
>dnsdb{a=$sender_helo_name}{$value}{}}} \
>                                {$sender_host_address} \
>                                {false}{true}}
>          delay          = 60s

I am sorry to say that, but this a bit excessive.
I understand that fortunately you are applying
this only to hosts that do not HELO with their
FQDN but, still, you are suggesting to drop
messages from hosts which contain "dsl" in their
FQDN (that is, they have a correctly setup DNS
but happen to have that string in their domain).
Isn't this a bit too harsh?
(I do a similar check but limit myself to giving
points for it, and delay consequently)

Giuliano