Re: [exim] exim 'problem'?

Author: Jethro R Binks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] exim 'problem'?
On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Brian wrote:

> About two months ago we put exim into 'daemontools', running great not a
> problem at all. A few days ago (monday) we decided to try running with the
> exim spool file in a freebsd mfs (memory file system a.k.a. ram-disk).

> So my question is, is exim mounted on a mfs partition not supported? Are
> there some other options that we would need to set either in exim or
> FreeBSD to make this working?

I think before you ask that question, there is something more fundamental
to be considered.

Do you really want to have exim's spool, which contains the queue of
mail-yet-to-be-delivered, on an in-memory filesystem whose contents will
be deleted at system boot (or crash) time?

Or does this mfs have some magic beyond what you've described?

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK