Re: [exim] unlimiting message per connection

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
Para: Leonardo Boselli, Tony Finch
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] unlimiting message per connection
At 1:10 pm +0100 2004/11/05, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
>On Fri, 5 Nov 2004, Tony Finch wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 4 Nov 2004, Leonardo Boselli wrote:
>>
>> > How to set exim to tell that server X when sending to server Y should send
>> > all the messages in the queue atr the maximum rate, even if there are
>> > thousands, and to the other serve tho accept such requests, only from a
>> > predefined group of hosts ?
>>
>> By default smtp_accept_max_per_connection is 1000, so that isn't the
>> problem. On the sending side, connection_max_messages is 500, so that
>> isn't the problem either.
>>
>In my exim4.conf there is an original note that says:
>
># This sets the maximum number of messages that will be accepted in one
># connection. The default is 10, which is probably enough for most
>purposes,
># but is too low on dialup SMTP systems, which often have many more mails
># queued for them when they connect.
>smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 100
>
>I increased the level to 100, so i am still "low".
>The question is: how to relax this limit only for mail delivered
>from a set of hosts ?

maybe I am not understanding your question, so forgive me if my
suggestion does not answer it.
Why don't you use an acl_cX variable (note, not a acl_mX variable,
since they are not preserved during the whole SMTP connection) that
you could increment and check in the MAIL acl? You should clearly
increase the smtp_accept_queue_per_connection to a very high value so
that it does not kick in.

As an aside: Philip can we please have more acl_m and acl_c variables?

Giuliano