Re: [exim] ACL message question

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Kelley Reynolds
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: Lists - Exim
Aihe: Re: [exim] ACL message question

> Kelley> will properly support having a message, but when a deny ACL uses
>
>  Kelley> deny
>  Kelley>     message = "This will not appear in the logs and 550"
>  Kelley>     !verify = reverse_host_lookup

> deny !verify = reverse_host_lookup
>      message = "This will appear in the logs and 550"

> ACLs are processed in sequential order. Some ACL condition clauses
> overwrite the "message" field that's used when the ACL triggers a
> rejection, and some don't. This is why your results are inconsistent;
> to get consistency, put your clauses in the logically correct order.

A Ha! This explains it. Perhaps I am misreading 38.11 in the documentation but

..
If message is used on a statement that verifies an address, the message specified overrides any message that is generated by the verification process. However, the original message is available in the variable $acl_verify_message, so you can incorporate it into your message if you wish. In particular, if you want the text from :fail: items in redirect routers to be passed back as part of the SMTP response, you should either not use a message modifier, or make use of $acl_verify_message.
..

This makes it seem that if I specify message in the ACL, it overrides any message set by verification (and indeed, the documentation makes it seem like only address verification does this as opposed to all verify calls). I don't read anywhere that message has to be *after* the verify call since verify overwrites the message value. I'm just trying to help clarify the documentation so this doesn't catch anybody else.

The sequential processing makes perfect sense, just doesn't read that way in the docs.

Kelley Reynolds