[exim] Re: ACL message question

Página Inicial
Autor: Michael F. Sprague
Para: exim-users
Assunto: [exim] Re: ACL message question
Kelley Reynolds <schnozzy@???> wrote:
> It appears that not all ACLs support the 'message' option. In the RCPT ACL, for example, having a deny ACL that uses
>
> deny
>     message = "This will appear in the logs and 550"
>     condition = 1

> will properly support having a message, but when a deny ACL uses
>
> deny
>     message = "This will not appear in the logs and 550"
>     !verify = reverse_host_lookup

> then it uses something which appears to be non-modifiable... and example:
>
> 2004-11-04 11:31:44 H=(69.9.164.137) [220.169.151.224] F=<ietnwq89bmxfz@???> rejected RCPT <mayor@???>: host lookup failedfor reverse lookup check (failed to find host name from IP address)

<SNIP>

IIRC you use 'log_message' to get a specific error message in the log file.
The 'message' line you have above will still show up in the 550 error though.
Try it out using telnet and you should see what you expect. So:

deny
    message This shows up in 550
    log_message This shows up in log
    !verify = reverse_host_lookup

You will still get the 'rejected RCPT' line in the log too. At least this is
how I do it b/ I prefer a different message in the logs as opposed to the 550
message.

Hope this helps.

Michael Sprague  | mfs@???
Partner          | System and Network Engineering (SaNE), LLC
use STD::disclaimer;