Re: [exim] Protocols

Página Inicial
Autor: Peter Bowyer
Para: Exim Users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Protocols
On Thu, 04 Nov 2004 10:55:42 +0000, Ron McKeating
<r.j.mckeating@???> wrote:
> Hi all, got a little bit of confusion over protocols here and was
> wondering if somebody could point me to the definitive explanation.
>
> Normal users on port 25 go in the exim log as P=smtp
>
> authenticated users I would expect to see as P=asmtp
>
> and Outlook express users on port 465 I was sort of expecting to see
> P=esmtp
>
> But all authenticated users now appear in the log as P=esmtpsa
>
> this is the same for normal (sensible) client users on ports 25/587 and
> OE users on port 465. Has something changed in the latest version of
> exim, or has it always been this way?

From ChangeLog-4.42:

12. RFC 3848 specifies standard names for the "with" phrase in Received: header
    lines when AUTH and/or TLS are in use. This is the "received protocol"
    field. Exim used to use "asmtp" for authenticated SMTP, without any
    indication (in the protocol name) for TLS use. Now it follows the RFC and
    uses "esmtpa" if the connection is authenticated, "esmtps" if it is
    encrypted, and "esmtpsa" if it is both encrypted and authenticated. These
    names appear in log lines as well as in Received: header lines.

Peter