Re: [exim] ignore spam scanning of outgoing mail

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Ronan
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] ignore spam scanning of outgoing mail
soory for the delayed reply i thought no-on else was gonna reply!

> First, there is almost nothing you can do about mails returning back
> from lists. Just forget about that and let the things go.

oh i know this my point was that spamassassin will have scanned this
mail twice (~ extra overhead)

> Second, I still do not catch your topology.
>
> You have got:
>
> HUBS        - your three mail hubs, that exchange mail between WORLD
> and         INTERNALS
> INTERNALS    - your internal SMTP servers
> WORLD        - any other SMTP server located elsewhere

> Your internals have static IP's.

3 hubs
one central smtp
various mail servers where mailboxes etc are

all ips are static

out going mail
==============
this mail wil be sent to smtp
it will forward to mailhubs in prefence order( as declared in exim.conf)
mailhubs kick it out into the world( after scanning )

incoming mail
==============
mail hits a hub( all 3 hubs are running similar configurations)
it is scanned according to acl
sent to mailbox on mail server

> Under no circumstances mail goes from WORLD to INTERNALS directly, and
> never goes from INTERNALS to the WORLD directly.
> Mail can also pass:
> 1) from hub to hub

we have no hub-hub conversations they are all independant of each other
> 2) from internal to hub (and to hub again) and then back to another
> internal
>
> Correct?
> And in such a complex routing environment you do not have a clear way to
> estimate the routing logic at ACL time, and to decide `to scan or not to
> scan', am I right?

is it not possible to simply say all mail eminating from machine x do
not scan for spam??

Things get worse if you remember that DATA ACL does
> not allow you to perform recipient-based (per-domain) logic. Assume that
> a message originated from one of the internals have two RCPT: one should
> go to the world, and one should go to the internal.
>
> Well, are the above assumptions correct?
> There are still some tricky things you can do ;-)

im intrigued about these tricky things you speak of.... :D

--
Regards

Ronan McGlue
Analyst/Programmer