Re: [exim] body line length limits

Página Inicial
Autor: Michael Haardt
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] body line length limits
> > RFC2822 section 2.1.1 says "Each line of characters MUST be no more than 998
> > characters".
> >
> > By default exim does not reject messages which fail to comply with this
> > requirement.

> I suspect there are probably real messages that do. It it really worth
> having Exim do this extra work? How many spam messages would it catch?

No matter if it catches some spam, or possibly some legitimate mails as
well, I would still like to see such an option.

I run a fairly large system, require "header_syntax" and "header_sender",
and make no exceptions to HELO/EHLO arguments. Every now and then,
someone is angry about it, but it does not generate a real loss in
connectivity. By enforcing many badly run systems to show some level
of RFC conformance, I feel the net gets a better place. :-)

MTAs should be able to act upon RFC violations. Things are much easier
if everybody cares about them and I am not afraid about /some/ people
being angry that they provide such a bad service to their customers.
Things would be different if a majority was concerned.

Michael