Re: [exim] body line length limits

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Philip Hazel
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Philip Chambers
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] body line length limits
On Tue, 2 Nov 2004, Philip Chambers wrote:

> RFC2822 section 2.1.1 says "Each line of characters MUST be no more than 998
> characters".
>
> By default exim does not reject messages which fail to comply with this
> requirement. I have searched the documentation and cannot find any option which
> would reject messages which do not comply.

Exim tries to take the attitude that the body is none of its business,
so (apart from making changes to line-ending conventions) it leaves it
alone.

> Is there such an option?

No, sorry.

> I have only ever seen spam messages which exceed the limit so, if all the popular
> e-mail clients are compliant, this would be another weapon in the fight against spam.

I suspect there are probably real messages that do. It it really worth
having Exim do this extra work? How many spam messages would it catch?