Re: [exim] More embedded Perl functionality

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tor Slettnes
Para: Tore Anderson
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] More embedded Perl functionality
On Tue, 2004-11-02 at 08:00 +0100, Tore Anderson wrote:
> * Tore Anderson
>
> > I'd like to be able to process the whole message
> > inside the embedded Perl functions.
>
> * Peter Savitch
>
> > Exiscan + Spamassassin. SpamAssassin is a Perl solution with plug-in
> > capabilities:
>
> I'm aware of both, however Exiscan is limited by the fact that it runs
> once per message, not once per delivery. This makes user-customizable
> filtering impossible to implement in a decent manner, as one email may
> have several recipients. So it is as its FAQ says: «You can't have
> your cake and eat it too.»

One thing I missed from your message was _at what point_ you want to
invoke perl routines / have access to the entire message. Generally, if
you want to run a routine for each recipient (e.g. in a user filter),
you have already accepted the message. Your options for dealing with
spam at this point are non-optimal (send a bounce, discard, freeze for
review, filter into a separate folder..).

A better way is to perform the filtering at SMTP time (i.e. in the Exim
ACL), and reject (550) or greylist (451) suspected spam. And yes, you
are right, this is normally done once per message, instead of once per
recipient. However, you do have some options:

      * Force one recipient per message by deferring subsequent
        recipients: