[exim] Re: SMTP Auth Options

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
Para: Exim users list
Temas antigos: Re: SMTP Auth Options (Re: [exim] ignore spam scanning of outgoing mail)
Asunto: [exim] Re: SMTP Auth Options
On Fri, 2004-10-29 at 09:05 -0400, Walt Reed wrote:
> Instantssl is MUCH less expensive, but you have to play with the
> certificate chain a bit. Wildcards are affordable (unlike thawte).

wildcard certificates are non-standard and not quite as secure. the
correct mechanism to use is multiple SubjectAltNames, but I haven't
found any CA with high browser penetration who will sign such
certificates. the method works fine with our self-signed certificates,
however.

--
Kjetil T.