Re: [exim] SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS

Author: Jim Tittsler
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS
On Sat, Oct 30, 2004 at 02:35:34PM +0100, Adrian Cooper wrote:
> > I think the section you are referring to suggests setting
> > *Mailman* to use:
> > SMTP_MAX_SESSIONS_PER_CONNECTION = 30
> > and goes on to recommend setting *Exim* to:
> > smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 30
> > (since it defaults to 10).
>
> I have already configured Mailman with the suggested settings.
>
> The question is then, how do I implement the
>
> "setting *Exim* to: smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 30"
>
> This is precisely what I need to do and would appreciate any pointers.

That is easy. Just add:
smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 30
on a line by itself in the "MAIN CONFIGURATION SETTINGS" section
of your Exim configuration file. After changing the
configuration file, remember to restart (or at least 'kill -HUP')
Exim.

http://www.exim.org/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec.html

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6