Re: [exim] Alterating / Intercepting bounce messages

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
Para: Marc Perkel
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Alterating / Intercepting bounce messages
At 2:12 pm -0700 2004/10/29, Marc Perkel wrote:
>Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>

>>>the return path so the bounce comes back to my server - I do
>>>something with it - and then I restor the original return address
>>>and send it on.
>>>
>>>This allows me to inspect what fails to deliver for statistical
>>>reasons looking for new spam fighting tricks.
>>

>>I think you were clear, if I understand correctly, either way a
>>bounce is generated. Cannot you perform a recipient callout?
>>
>I try a recipient callout and some of the systems I filter for
>supports that but most don't. So - I'm thinking if it is easy enough
>I'd like to grab the bounce and look at it.

Do you mean that some simply accept everything or that they do not
accept empty senders? In either case, cannot you ask them to use a
better system? I would avoid catching their bounces anyway as it
would make you responsible for their delivery and consequently
responsible for the secondary spam.

Giuliano