Re: [exim] Alterating / Intercepting bounce messages

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Giuliano Gavazzi
Para: Marc Perkel, exim-users
CC:
Asunto: Re: [exim] Alterating / Intercepting bounce messages
At 10:44 am -0700 2004/10/29, Marc Perkel wrote:
>I was just wondering if anyone has dome this and if so - how.
>
>I run a front end spam server for other hosts that I have no access
>to. The mail comes in to my server (mx) and I spam and virus filter
>it and hand it iff to the destination server. If the message is
>rejected there - I don't know about it.
>
>I'm thinking that I'd like to have bounced message come back to my
>server by altering the return path. At that point I would use it for
>something - not sure what yet - maybe just save them to see what
>isn't being delivered - or whatever - then I want to restore the
>original return path and send the bounce back to the original sender.
>
>So - has anyone done this? And if so - can I have the code and tell
>me what you use this for?

argh Mark! you've been long enough on this list to know that "bounce"
is bad. Besides, if you alter the return path, how do you rebuild the
original sender? by adding a new header? Dodgy. Just forget about
bounces.
Another aside: do you check the recipients or just accept blindly? I
hope the former, for the usual reasons.

To paraphrase Woody Allen:

"bounce" is like dog-eat-dog. No, it's worse than that. It's dog
returns other dog phone calls he never did.