Re: [exim] yahoo.com does not use ESMTP ??

Top Pagina
Auteur: Giuliano Gavazzi
Aan: Peter Hicks, Exim-Users (E-mail)
CC:
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] yahoo.com does not use ESMTP ??
At 11:42 am -0700 2004/10/28, Peter Hicks wrote:
>On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 04:19:42PM +0200, Giuliano Gavazzi wrote:
>>I have just noticed (it was time...) that yahoo.com does not use
>>ESMTP, at least in the cases recorded in the last few hours.
>>
>>example:
>>
>>H=smtp809.mail.ukl.yahoo.com [217.12.12.199] P=smtp S=144984
>>
>>Are they troglodytes?
>>

>nc 217.12.12.199 25
>220 smtp809.mail.ukl.yahoo.com ESMTP
>
>I do believe they use qmail, so the answer to your question is yes.

thanks, there goes one of the assumptions for my special antiviral
trick. This applies just to accounts that are publicised on usenet.
These tend to attract virus, and virus tend to pass through RCPT time
antispam measures.
One of the antiviral measures presumes that the peer will connect
using esmtp, and give the message size at MAIL FROM:. If the message
size is larger than, say, 15KB, the message is rejected. Thanks to
yahoo, I have no way to do that with virus sent via their servers.

Giuliano