Re: [exim] IRIX build: daemon.c won't compile

Author: Toralf Lund
Subject: Re: [exim] IRIX build: daemon.c won't compile
Heiko Schlichting wrote:

>>Exact OS version is 6.5 6.5.16f. Exim is 4.30, like I said. Maybe there's
>>now a newer version I could try, but this is the one we're using on Linux...
>>

>Exim usually does compile on IRIX without problems. Unfortunately you are
>using an ancient version of IRIX, so I'm unable to find a system which such
>an outdated OS here (which is not a bad thing).

I don't agree with your definition of the word "ancient".

Oh sure, it's not the latest release, but it can hardly be more than a
couple of years old.

Hmmm, I'll check closer... eoe release data is 10/26/2002. I do not
think that's "ancient", and I believe software in general should support
your systems even if you don't upgrade every week...

>Actual IRIX versions define socklen_t in /usr/include/sys/socket.h:

It doesn't here. "int" is used as parameter type all over the place...

- Toralf