Re: [exim] mysql lookup on update: $value is affected rows?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Marilyn Davis
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] mysql lookup on update: $value is affected rows?
OK. I think I have it.

If an update doesn't change anything, it doesn't happen. And it
returns 0 rows affected.

Unless it's an "on duplicate key update", then it returns 2,
indicating that the record was already there. Whether or not the
update happened is irrelevant, since it doesn't make a change anyway.
Probably it doesn't actually happen, to save time.

When I first started, my script was initializing the data record just
before the test message went through and so the clock probably didn't
tick before the update attempt. Now I sleep(2) in my script and the
update happens.

So, I'm sorry to take you on an exim trip when it was all about my
lack of understanding of mysql.

And, it goes to show that it's always good to take a break! I do my
best thinking when I'm trying not to think about it. Go figure.

Thank you again.

Marilyn