Re: [exim] ignore spam scanning of outgoing mail

Página Inicial
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] ignore spam scanning of outgoing mail
On Wed, 2004-10-27 at 09:17 -0700, Tor Slettnes wrote:
> Alan J. Flavell wrote:
>
> >(For some reason, it seems to be laptop Mac OS X users who can't get
> >that right. Doesn't their mailer have any option to say
> >"authenticated if available", in the way that more-familiar mailers
> >such as Mozilla-family or PINE have? But I digress.)

> No. Authentication settings for outgoing servers in Mail.app are
> "None", "Password", "MD5" (which means CRAM-MD5, unfortunately), and
> Kerberos v4 and v5.
>
> Couldn't you have them always authenticate, even when within your premises?

That seems far preferable in terms of being able to find someone to
blame. I'd even consider the idea of allowing an authenticated user
more leeway than one on an authorised ip address - are there any mass-
mailing worms that can do SMTP authentication or steal a mechanism that
has SMTP authentication?

    Nigel.