Re: [exim] mysql lookup on update: $value is affected rows?

Author: Marilyn Davis
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] mysql lookup on update: $value is affected rows?
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Philip Hazel wrote:

Thank you Philip.

> On Mon, 25 Oct 2004, Marilyn Davis wrote:

> So all that Exim is doing is returning the value that MySQL is giving it.
> I suppose to double-check one could insert an extra
>
>     debug_printf("result=%s\n", result);

> just after setting result, just to make sure, but I suspect it won't
> show anything different.

Yes it does! So I did as you suggested:

   if ( mysql_field_count(mysql_handle) == 0 )
     {
     DEBUG(D_lookup) debug_printf("MYSQL: query was not one that returns data\n");
     result = string_sprintf("%d", mysql_affected_rows(mysql_handle));
     debug_printf("result = %d\n", result);
     *do_cache = FALSE;
     goto MYSQL_EXIT;
     }

And look at that!

database lookup required for update in_out set last_use = now() where in_id = 10 and out_id = 64
MYSQL query:
MYSQL using cached connection for localhost/maildance/root
MYSQL: query was not one that returns data
result = 136166416

> Just for the record, which release of MySQL?

We're running: 4.1.3-beta-standard-log

When I give the same query to my python script, and print out the
affected_rows:

What? update in_out set last_use = now() where in_id = 10 and out_id = 64
Rows: 1

Are there other clues I can search for?

Marilyn