RE: [exim] ignore spam scanning of outgoing mail

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Peter Savitch
Para: Ronan
CC: exim-users
Asunto: RE: [exim] ignore spam scanning of outgoing mail
Hi.

> exim is running on my 3 mailhubs.
> currently it scans all mail that passes through it for both virus and
> spam.
> how do i disable the outgoing spam scanning?
> we use spam assassin via the exiscan acl. we also use it to virus scan
> so simply allowing all our hosts to be ignored from scanning would be
> ummm not preferred...

Well, if I understand the idea, you should first decide what's
considered `outgoing'. If you have a well-known topology, the following
could be done:

# somewhere in the global exim.conf (configure)
hostlist interior_hosts = 192.168.0.0/24

# ...

# in the DATA ACL
warn    message =\
    !hosts = +interior_hosts
    spam = *
#

If you do not have IP-based split logic, then you can utilize additional
conditions, like checking $authenticated_id for authenticated ESMTP,
$received_protocol and so on. I have no idea about your mail hubs ;-)

I advise not to trust e-mails because they could be (and often are)
forged.
I also advise not to use SA's whitelist capabilities, since it gives
general overhead. SpamAssassin likes to eat your processing resources
very much, and you do not want to call expensive checks too many times,
don't you? ;-)