Re: [exim] Re: Help! SMTP data timeout (message abandoned)

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Alan J. Flavell
Para: Exim users list
Asunto: Re: [exim] Re: Help! SMTP data timeout (message abandoned)
On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, Tom Wiebe wrote:

> Seem to have fixed this by turning my Maximum packet size (MTU)
> [d]own to 1492.

We experienced a somewhat similar problem, some time back (closer in
fact to the cited Q0017). However, I think it has to be said plainly
that temporary adjustment to a fixed MTU is only a workaround; it's by
no means the right place to genuinely solve the problem, and it would
be good to invite those who are causing the problem (by their broken
filtering of ICMP or whatever they're doing) to get their act
together.

The trouble is, that you'll often find that lots of their other email
correspondents (running different TCP stacks, different OSes,
different network settings, whatever) have no apparent problem, and
then, the miscreants are inclined to blame the problem on those who
are experiencing it, rather than on those who are causing it.

> Looks like my upstream was
> doing some mucking with their routers on the weekend.

Hmmm.

all the best