Re: [exim] Virtual Hosting

Página Inicial
Autor: Tim Jackson
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Virtual Hosting
Hi Steffen, on Tue, 26 Oct 2004 09:45:59 +0200 you wrote:

> I know that I can refer to different data files for different domains
> and such. I am doing this all the time.
> However, I am asking for a way to go one step further.
> I want to have a completely different logic for ACLs of different
> domains. In the exim config file, there are sections such as ACL and
> ROUTERS. I want to have a completely different section for different
> domains.

As Philip said, recipient or sender domains?

Philip gave an example of dynamically selecting ACLs. For routers, do
routers with domain-specific pre-conditions (e.g. "domains = ", "condition
= ") not give you enough flexibility?

It would be easier (and less confusing) if you just said what you were
trying to actually *do*. Are you trying to allow your (untrusted) users to
configure the MTA for themselves?

> Really (except for main configuration entries) one exim4.conf per
> domain. That is my question.

If the above don't provide you enough flexibility and you really need to
have completely different configurations that aren't managed by you, then
you should probably just run multiple copies of the MTA (whatever it
is)...for example, you could just have several Exim daemons running on
different IP addresses using different config files.

Tim