Re: [exim] restart Exim whenever IP is changed.

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: V. T. Mueller, Continum
Para: sam wun
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] restart Exim whenever IP is changed.
Sam,

On Dienstag, 26. Oktober 2004, sam wun wrote:
> I found that when the public IP of the Exim mail server is changed, Exim
> stop sending email to external mail server. The error is as follow:

[..]
> After restart Exim, it behaves as usual.
> To deal with this issue, I wonder if putting kill -HUP <pid of Exim> in the
> ppp.linkup script will solve the problem?

Basically, something like: kill -1 `cat /path/to/exim.pid`
will get you going if that signal results in a re-reading
of network interface configuration. If not, and you will
quickly notice this ;) , you can still use your OSs rc
scripts for restarting exim. And if you use this system as
official MX please by all means get hold on a static IP
address.

hth,
vt
--