AW: [exim] Attachment handling

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Steffen Heil
Asunto: AW: [exim] Attachment handling
Hi

> If you want to block incoming mails w/non-desirable attachment "types",

you can do so via the Exiscan-ACL patch.

I know, but this is not what the client wants.

> If, on the other hand, you want to remove attachments, but still forward

the remainder of the message, then you might have to do so
> * either by piping the mail to an external program (e.g. "procmail") as

the default "transport" (that program would also have to perform the
delivery),

Right, I am just searching for such a thing.

> * or by launching an external filter program via the "transport_filter"

option (that program would simply print the modified message on standard
output; Exim would proceed with the delivery at that point).

Oh, I didn't know about this one, will check the docs. Thanks.

> In either case, the logic for stripping attachments out of messages would

probably be best handled via "procmail" or a similar program, not by Exim.

Obviously.

Regards,
Steffen