Re: [exim] Virtual Hosting

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Tim Jackson
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: Re: [exim] Virtual Hosting
Hi Steffen, on Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:48:17 +0200 you wrote:

> Hi

Please reply to the list, not to me personally. Thanks.

> So, how can I have different ACL files and different router config files
> for different domains?

Using string expansions. You can generate a filename or whatever you want
dynamically (e.g. via database/file lookup) and use that as the name of
the alias/ACL/whatever file. See section 42.6 of the manual for a simple
example. Here is part of it, which uses an alias file per domain:

virtual:
driver = redirect
domains = dsearch;/etc/mail/virtual
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch{/etc/mail/virtual/$domain}}
no_more

I must stress that this is just one, simple, way of doing it - you can
look up user/alias information in almost any conceivable fashion whether
it's LDAP, databases, DNS (!), whatever...

> I know, that I can do about everything with exim, but I thought all
> needs to be defined in ONE configuration file...

Nope. There is a tremendous amount of flexibility here, too. You could
even store your user configs in a database (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL) or a
DBM file if you want.

> BTW: Simply including files into the main configuration file is not the
> same as having different configuration files...

The above has nothing to do with including files into the main config
file, though you can do that too.

> Errors in one configuration MAY NOT affect other configurations...

Sure, if you set it up right that's no problem.

Tim