Re: [exim] rfc-ignorant.org - auto reporting those who

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Tor Slettnes
Para: Stephen Gran
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Asunto: Re: [exim] rfc-ignorant.org - auto reporting those who

On Oct 25, 2004, at 06:08, Stephen Gran wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 25, 2004 at 08:58:54AM -0400, David Brodbeck said:
>> Sure about that? I saw an example of one host that was permanently
>> listed
>> in rfc-ignorant for a sequence like this:
>>
>> EHLO host.domain.com
>> 250 OK
>> MAIL FROM:<>
>> RCPT TO:<postmaster@yourdomain>
>> 550 Rejected; use a real MAIL FROM address.
>
> They are rejecting on mail from:, which is a legitimate reason to be
> listed in dsn.rfc-ignorant.

Per <http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/policy-postmaster.php>:

     Further, if a postmaster address is inbound-only, (i.e.,  it is
     never used in any of the following: SMTP Envelope From, RFC 2822
     'From' Header, or the RFC 2822 'Sender' header), then it is
     permissible under our policy to reject mail to the postmaster
     address from the null-envelope ('<>'). It is acknowledged by
     RFC-Ignorant that there are plenty of legitimate reasons why '<>'
     would be  sending a message to <postmaster>, but they are not
     that prevalent in the field.

The above looks like a mistake, according to their own listing policies.

-tor