Re: [exim] Sieve Question

Author: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: exim-users
CC: Marc Perkel
Subject: Re: [exim] Sieve Question
On tor, 2004-10-21 at 09:31 +0100, Philip Hazel wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
> > What I want - Phil - hope you are listening - is for the default action of the
> > sieve router to pass on to the next router.
>
> I am not a Sieve person - the code is maintained by Michael Haardt.
> However, as I understand it, the specification of Sieve mandates that if
> you send message to Sieve, it MUST handle ALL the deliveries. In other
> words, it would be non-standard to do as you want.

I don't think it is a good idea to make it the default behaviour, but a
new "pass_on_keep" or "keep_is_unseen" option seems reasonable to me. a
postmaster can use this to make his system non-compliant, but heaven
knows there are plenty of such opportunities in Exim already :)

--
Kjetil T. (a Sieve person)