Re: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
To: Tor Slettnes
CC: Exim User's Mailing List, Jan-Peter Koopmann
Betreff: Re: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: <> ?
On man, 2004-10-25 at 02:24 -0700, Tor Slettnes wrote:
> On Oct 24, 2004, at 23:11, Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:
> > I must have missed this part. How exactly can this happen?
>
> Some older MTAs (incl. older versions of Sendmail) would insert and
> honor an "Errors-To:" field in the message header; this could contain
> several addresses.

that's broken and non-standard behaviour, and not something I worry
about supporting.

no, one scenario is:

my users Alice and Bob are mailing list administrators for a list at
foo.org. whenever a message on their list bounces, they will each get a
copy of the bounce. this bounce will be sent as one transaction to my
site.

another scenario is:

my user Charlie has one e-mail account on Gmail and two accounts on my
system (a student and an employee account). he forwards a copy of all
e-mail to Gmail to his two accounts. whenever he makes a typos sending
e-mail from Gmail's web interface, two bounces will be forwarded and end
up on my system.

the latter example is not as likely, but it is still valid.
--
Kjetil T.