Re: [exim] rfc-ignorant.org - auto reporting those who

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Edgar Lovecraft
Para: Exim User's Mailing List
Temas antigos: Re: [exim] rfc-ignorant.org - auto reporting those who rejectmailfrom: <>
Asunto: Re: [exim] rfc-ignorant.org - auto reporting those who
David S. Madole wrote:

..[snip]...

> Anyway, I'm not advocating any position, just trying to point out that
> so often this issue is (in my opinion) a case of "the pot calling the
> kettle black". Personally, I don't do callouts, but I don't care if
> someone else wants to do them against my server. However, I do only
> accept mail from "<>" to VERP addresses that I use for the envelope
> sender and change daily.

But the RFC ignorant list is for people who reject this sequence of
commands:
client_sends > EHLO host.domain.com
server_response> 250 OK
client_sends > MAIL FROM: <>
server_response> 550 Error, We don't accept NUL senders

Nobody argues about this sequence of commands which you use:
client_sends > EHLO host.domain.com
server_response> 250 OK
client_sends > MAIL FROM: <>
server_response> 250 OK
client_sends > RCPT TO: <user@yourdomain>
server_response> 550 Error, No such recipient

Those are two TOTALY different things, but all server must/should/etc.
take a MAIL FROM: <> and respond with a 250 OK to that.

--

--EAL--