Re: [exim] Slow DNS leads to Unbooteable Addresses

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Suresh Ramasubramanian
To: Aaron Crosman
CC: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Slow DNS leads to Unbooteable Addresses
On Fri, Oct 22, 2004 at 04:11:28PM -0400, Aaron Crosman wrote:
> We changed the DNS settings on the firewall, and exim seems to have
> recovered nicely.
> We aren't (currently) using blacklists (DNS-based or otherwise) on this
> system, But I may switch to a caching DNS setup if the problem recurs.

there's also stuff you can do like -

# exim_tidydb /var/spool/exim retry
# exim_tidydb /var/spool/exim wait-remote_smtp

as well .. dns lookups shouldnt hurt too bad if the dns server is on the same
switch as the mailserver, anyway ..

--
linux@??? (Suresh Ramasubramanian)
jaharkes@ravel:/usr/src$ mv linux Gnu/Linux