Re: [exim] Authentication for sending

Top Pagina
Auteur: Giuliano Gavazzi
Aan: Michael Johnson, exim-users
CC:
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Authentication for sending
At 12:11 pm -0400 2004/10/21, Michael Johnson wrote:
>I just tried commenting out the pam lookup and uncommenting the
>netinfo lookup. I get the response in the log that it doesn't know
>what netinfo is:
>
>unknown lookup type "netinfo" inside "and{...}" condition
>
>I've temporarily gone back to using the file with the user : pass in
>it, but I'd rather get it from the netinfo or pam. Is it possible
>there was something during the configuration stage I messed up? A
>particular switch in the Local/Makefile I should have switched? If
>so, then what?

wait a second! The netinfo lookup support, I was not clear enough on
that, is something I have written some time ago and that requires a
patch to the exim source. It is now pretty useless, at least for
passwords, as netinfo, in 10.3, does not return passwords (encrypted
passwords I mean) anymore.
In your case, if I recall correctly, you want to look up passwords
for cram-md5, but in this case, I repeat, you need clear text
passwords and I would NOT use netinfo to store those, as anyone who
can gain access to the database would be able to read them.

Giuliano