Re: [exim] how to delete "frozen" emails permanently

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Christopher Chaduka
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Kopio: sam wun
Aihe: Re: [exim] how to delete "frozen" emails permanently
On Thursday 21 October 2004 02:07, sam wun wrote:
> >>    exipick -zi | xargs exim -Mrm

> >>exipick is a very very useful tool.
>
> I just noticed that some these "frozen" email are coming back to my
> email server again. How can I remove them permenantly from Exim email
> system? I m using Exim 4.4

Frozen message appear because:

<quote manual>
In cases when delivery cannot proceed - for example, when a message can
neither be delivered to its recipients nor returned to its sender, the
message is marked 'frozen' on the spool, and no more deliveries are
attempted.
[...]
There is an option called "auto_thaw", which can be used to cause Exim to
retry frozen messages after a certain time. When this is set, no message will
remain on the queue for ever, because the delivery timeout will eventually be
reached. Delivery failure reports (bounce messages) that reach this timeout
are discarded. There is also an option called "timeout_frozen_after", which
discards frozen messages after a certain time.
</quote manual>

Hope this helps

--
Christopher Chaduka