RE: [exim] how to delete "dead" emails

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: jori.hamalainen
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Uudet otsikot: [exim] how to delete "frozen" emails permanently
Aihe: RE: [exim] how to delete "dead" emails
> >> try this command
> >> exim -bp | awk '/^ *[0-9]+[mhd]/{print "exim -Mrm " $3}' | sh
> >
> > I am not expert in AWK but I think this would remove also
> non-frozen
> > messages in queue?
>
> I use the tools that was given by the gods. Well, maybe not
> gods. minor deities.
>
>     exipick -zi | xargs exim -Mrm

> exipick is a very very useful tool.

Yes, I agree that if you're a postmaster and responsible of other mails than just yours. Use these ready made tools which are confirmed working and probably had a second thought, than just "it is easy" and do it yourself with above AWK-command potentially causing damage.