Re: [exim] domainlist & mysql

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Wakko Warner
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: Stephen Gran
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] domainlist & mysql
> > Please keep me in CC.
>
> OK.

Thanks.

> > Which version of exim are you using? I think it also depends on how you use
> > the domainlist. a few releases ago, IIRC, Nico fixed the caching in the
> > lookups. I haven't tested it at work to see exactly how it works. Just as
> > long as it worked. I used MySQL instead of flat files to ease in mail
> > server administration.
>
> 4.34, I believe. It would be good if it was fixed later, as it would
> allow better caching on multi-recipient messages of the SQL lookup, but
> it's not a huge performance hit for now.

I think the caching was enhanced around 4.40. I forget now. I'm currently
on 4.30 at work. Performance wise, as long as they get their email within
the 10 minutes their clients are setup for, they're happy =) I don't think
they'd really care if there was a 10second delay because of the sql lookups.
Noone's ever noticed actually.

> Thanks again for all your help.

No problem. I had asked about it before. Still wish I could do the entire
query in SQL instead of doing the $sg trick.