RE: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: …

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ian Eiloart
Aan: Jan-Peter Koopmann, Exim User's Mailing List
CC:
Onderwerp: RE: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: <> ?

--On Tuesday, October 19, 2004 5:47 pm +0200 Jan-Peter Koopmann
<Jan-Peter.Koopmann@???> wrote:

> On Tuesday, October 19, 2004 5:45 PM Ian Eiloart wrote:
>
>> So, you're happy to throw away email from people that are
>> likely to be emailing you about problems with your email service?
>
> Well if I mail admins about their problems I mail to postmaster not as
> postmaster.

I do too, usually. However, if the problem is that I'm rejecting their mail
(eg, they are refusing all my sender verification callouts), then I'll
email them as postmaster. That way, I know that their reply will be OK.

> To answer your question correctly: No I am not. On the
> contrary. That is why I am not only rejecting a mail with "550 get out
> of here". I was asking the sender to please send the mail with a
> different user (not as postmaster). Please not the "I was" instead of "I

Fair enough.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team