Re: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: …

Top Pagina
Auteur: Ian Eiloart
Aan: Exim User's Mailing List
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: <> ?

--On Monday, October 18, 2004 4:31 pm -0400 "Greg A. Woods"
<woods@???> wrote:
> It's not your callouts that would be at issue, and you would not be
> rejecting just and only backscatter.

If I don't send mail from that address, then what email would I lose? If
someone is smart enough to telnet to my server, then they're smart enough
to provide a return address.

> As I've been saying -- there's no good reason for using this kind of
> lame sledge hammer trick to try to put a dent in one tiny little itty
> bitty bit of the MUCH bigger problem of backscatter. Learn to use the
> right tool(s) for the job!

If it regularly saves *me* a few minutes a day that I can devote to other
tasks, including combating spam for my users, then I think it is useful.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team