[exim] Authentication for sending

Inizio della pagina
Autore: Michael Johnson
To: Exim-users
Oggetto: [exim] Authentication for sending
Hi gang

I'm having some difficulty with a setup I did recently on an OS X
machine.

Basically, I tried to duplicate what I have on my home network. It
works fine on that machine. On the new setup, I can't get SpamAssassin
to work and the sender authentication is also broken.

I'm using SA 3 and Exim 4.43 on OS X 10.3.4.

The log entries for the SA problem are similar to:

2004-10-18 22:38:59 I5T8OY-0002TC-PC spam acl condition: cannot parse
spamd output

...and appear to be a problem with the output of SA.

The log entries for the sender authentication show there's no
/etc/relayers file. This makes sense as I haven't created one on the
new machine. However, I'd like to use the NetInfo database user/pass.
How can I get it to look to the nidb? I'm not really comfortable with
an un-hashed user/pass file on this system. It worked fine as a
stop-gap on my home system, but I need to get this working in a more
secure manner.

-Michael

Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your
smile can be the source of your joy.

                    --Thich Nhat Hanh