RE: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: …

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Exim User's Mailing List
To: David Brodbeck
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Betreff: RE: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: <> ?
[ On Monday, October 18, 2004 at 12:40:08 (-0400), David Brodbeck wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: [exim] Is there and logical reason to reject mail from: <> ?
>
> I have a different philosophy on this. I deliberately don't run content
> filters on the postmaster address. The reason is I've tried to forward
> examples of abuse to some sites and had a spam filter bounce them back at
> me. That kind of defeats the purpose.

The content filters I spoke of for my abuse and postmaster duties are
run from my MUA _after_ delivery, and they're used to organize my mail,
not to delete it out of hand. ;-)

Of course given the volume of mail I handle it's still possible some
forwarded spam ends up in my junk folder and then doesn't get looked
after for a few days. :-)

--
                        Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098                  VE3TCP            RoboHack <woods@???>