Re: [exim] suid permission not on 4.43?

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Marilyn Davis
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] suid permission not on 4.43?
On Mon, 18 Oct 2004, Philip Hazel wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Oct 2004, Marilyn Davis wrote:
>
> > I don't know what I did that could have ruined the permissions, since,
> > as far as I can remember, I just copied my old Local stuff and did
> > make, make install.
>
> You should have done make, sudo make install. Did you forget the sudo?

I did it all as root.

So, for an experiment, I ripped 4.43 out and remade it. It came in
with proper permissions. But within an hour the s permission had
magically disappeared.

I tried it on another file. Same thing.

So the mystery is solved ... it's some Mandrake feature that I haven't
figured out how to disable yet.

Exim is perfect.

Thank you!

Marilyn